Monday, December 14, 2009

Aloo and Palak Sabji / Potato and Palak curry




It was a lovely evening and I had to prepare something for dinner tonight. I thought of doing something, which is different and tasty. As usual K is the” bali ka bakra” lol. Jokes a part, I started doing some good cooking lately. My dear K happen to like them at gun point haha.


I had some fresh palak and baby potatoes and decided to combine these two. Though this is not my idea entirely, I read this recipe from other blog, made little changes and it was very tasty.

Ingredients :
1. 3 bunches of fresh palak
2. 250gms baby potatoes
3. 3 tbsp oil
4. Salt to taste
5. ½ tsp ginger garlic paste
6. 2 cloves
7. 1 small piece cinnamon
8. 2 green chillies

Aloo and Palak Sabji
Potato and Palak curry


Procedure :
1. Boil the potatoes and make holes with a fork into them
2. Heat 1 tbsp of oil in pan .Add cleaned and chopped palak to it.
3. Cook for about 4-5mins allow it to cool
4. Make a paste of 2 green chillies + cooked palak +salt and keep it aside
5. Heat remaining 2tbsp of oil in a wok ,when hot add cloves cinnamon. Fry for 1min
6. Next add ginger garlic paste till raw smell is gone.
7. Add palak paste to the mixture and cook for 5 mins.
8. Add 1 cup of milk and add boiled potatoes to it and cook for 10mins
9. Serve hot with rotis

Note : I used only little spices you can add more spices to make it more spicer.
Milk was readily available so I used it, instead cream can also be used.
Salt has to be carefully used since palak already has some amount of salt in it.

1 comment:

Krishna A.M said...

pavani, it was very tasty. Just like how it is in restaurant :-)